Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dalia's response

Dear Marisol, The book I read is called ‘a child called it’ by Dave Pelzer. This book is about a boy named David who is abused by his mom. His family y was as normal as anybody’s was, but his mom started drinking and became a drunk, his mom brutally beat David but not any of his brothers. David’s mom played sick games on him. David is no longer part of the family he is no longer called David he is now an it. I like this book because its based on a true story, I also like it that it makes you think about how lucky you are to have parents that don’t hit you. It makes you think about how other people have to go through bad things and you have a good life, it makes all the little things you complain about sound stupid. I think you should read this book because it is such a good story about the author’s childhood. The author used a lot of details in this story he made sure that he made people picture what he was going though. When the author would say ‘the mother’ he meant it as if he was no longer part of the family. It sounded really sad when she would call David it. I rate this book a 9 because it is a book filled with great descriptions that make you see and kind of feel what is going on with him. it made me feel like I was there if I was in his place for a couple of minutes. I think it will make you feel the same. The whole setting and plot gets to you. It doesn’t make sense how such a normal family could turn into such a disaster. Reading this book made me think of how lucky I am to not be hit by my parents and not be tortured by my family. Not being left out from my families activity’s, my life is a good life and and I would never give it up. the authors message I think is to tell someone you trust if anyone is hurting you before it gets to a point where it is hard to control. I personally learned that if anyone were to hurt me especially my parents I should tell someone I trust even if it’s a teacher or in David’s case a nurse. Don’t let anyone hurt you or let alone separate you from family activities. Sincerely, Dalia

0 comments: